Xan Directive

I am the entertainer. And I know just where I stand, another serenader, and another long-haired band. Today I am your champion, I may have won your hearts. But I know the game, you'll forget my name. And I won't be here in another year, if I don't stay on the charts.

Monday, November 13, 2006

The Halloween Trama of a Dark Jedi (Part II: Candy and Ninjas)

Oh and what a Halloween it was! By far one of the best in many years. I loved my costume and it didn’t matter if people called me a dork or “sci-fi nerd” because it was amazing and nobody could discount the sheer awesomeness of it, especially with the lightsaber alongside it. There is something about a Jedi all in black with a blue lightsaber that is so…right. People who thought they knew what they were talking about commented that I should have a red lightsaber, I just laughed and told them they obviously had not seen episode III which this costume is strait out of. So basically I hung out with Shawn or I should say Shauna, for he was dressed in full out drag, and it was quite…disturbing, but no less amazing. My costume however (if I do say so myself) toped anyone’s and everyone’s. So what UP does for Halloween is open up the dorms to the local children so they can go from door to door in a safe environment and collect candy.

So Shawn and I went to Mehling the large 8 story all girls dorm to beg for candy and to—of course—scare little children. I succeed in doing so, I put my hood up and ignited my lightsaber and waited around corners for little kids to coming running through the hall. A few jumped backed, a few screamed, and a few tried to fight me. One kid that was dressed up as Vader had a little plastic red lighsaber. He came up to me in the lobby of Mehling and attempted to strike me down. But I blocked and we dueled it out for a while in the lobby as about 50 kids passed by with their parents. I think some of the parents were more impressed with the costume then the kids, but it was defiantly a huge hit everywhere I went.

We then rendezvoused with Christine and Jessica and went over to Shipstad hall who was putting on the annual haunted house in their basement. Now I have changed a lot since the little puny 5th grader that I was, and I hardly ever get scared (I laughed at times and was bored out of my mind for Saw III). This was no different, in retrospect it was probably the one of the best haunted house’s I’ve been to, and the originality was pretty good, ranging from a mysterious black creature charging you in the hallway to Samara from The Ring coming out from behind the TV and then start crawling over to you. Entertaining to say the least, and everyone else seemed to be scared, so it was fun.

But by far the most entertaining part of the night happened on our way across campus to get to the Haunted house in Shipstad. Along the way we met three Ninja, and I mean full out Ninjas. The lead one (whitey) sees me walking through the quad with my cloak flowing and my lightsaber glowing and he pulls out a three-prong dagger and points it at me. The other two turn and start walking towards me. I turn to them and exclaim, “You want to go? Lets go!” so they reach behind and Redy and Blacky pull out their num-chucks while Whity just steps back to let them attack. I raise my saber and twirl a few times seeing if I can intimidate them. I succeed and they slow their pace but still start to try to circle me. Shawn Jessica and Christine all step away and watch smiling knowing that three ninjas are no match for a Jedi corrupted by the Dark Side of the Force. Redy and Blacky come at me from two sides, I duck into a crouch then spring up to my right on top of Blacky and hit his num-chucks away from him, exposing his body, I swiftly spin clockwise pulling my saber back and bringing it back around to make contact with his crotch. He falls over on the ground, and Redy is charging me from the left, I step to my right facing him and turn my back to him spinning my saber backwards into his chest. This throws him off guard and he steps back a step to catch his balance, I then take the opportunity and strike a firm blow to his masked head. He stagers backwards toward Whitey as Blacky gets up from the ground retrieves his num-chucks and trots back over to the other two. Whitey has his dagger raised but quickly lowers it conceding. I nod my head and they walk off into the parking lot and we continued our journey to Shipstad.

So Halloween was something to look forward to and it is still something to look back on and say, “man those were the good times, back when you could beat up Ninjas and nobody cared.”

1 Comments:

  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger b said…

    hey so i'm wondering how your volvo is doing

     

Post a Comment

<< Home