Xan Directive

I am the entertainer. And I know just where I stand, another serenader, and another long-haired band. Today I am your champion, I may have won your hearts. But I know the game, you'll forget my name. And I won't be here in another year, if I don't stay on the charts.

Friday, October 07, 2005

Insert A Creative Title Here

Ever get that feeling where you know you have just lost something? You don't know what it is or why you think its lost, but you just know you have lost something. Because I don't. I also don't have really random dreams, all the dreams that I remember I can put into context, either in the real world or the dream world. Basicly I was hoping for insperation to strike while I started typing because I just really wanted to post something, But I did not know what I wanted to post about. Haveing a really young blog sucks, especially when noone cares enough about you to comment. Here I am putting some of my best work on this Blog (okay I resurve my best work for the books that I will eventually write [more on that later]) and nobody seems to care enough, if half of this stuff was on gravy, which most of it was, it would have been sung with praises, that is if it had been typed in the olden days, when Gravy was a community blog where everyone could post whatever they wanted. I am unhappy to report that Gravy has fallen. It was once the best thing that could have happened to our group of friends, but as we have moved away Gravy has seemed to take a turn for the worst. No longer is it a place to just post about whatever one feels, despite how creative or inventive, or entertaining it is. Gravy has gotten High on its own success, it belives it is not worthy of the posts that I as well as others offer to it. This is not meant to insult the creators and administrators, only that people now feel that gravy has a "Greater Purpose," To update people on our lives, and if anyone hasn't noticed that can get quite boring after a while, as my post about homecoming obviously points out (IT IS CALLED IRONY PEOPLE). My problem, or rather the problem people have from me stems from their misunderstading of my posts. They are never meant to control or "spam" as some might call it, they are meant to be entertaining, if you do not find them entertaining then simply don't read them, it is not difficult. People take my posts to seriously, they take them as they are titled, which in some instances may be true for example the previous two, however the vast majority is meant to entertain, somthing that Gravy no longer sponsers. I admit I do not try my hardest on blogs, for i say, "whats the point in revising a post seven times?" I make a point in a means to entertain, and what do I get? Rejection. I am not surprised and I am not angry, I am mearly frustrated that people cannot appriciate a post for what it is, instead of trying to destroy the writers confidence. By all means critque the post, how else will a writer learn from his/her mistakes, but do not just say, "That was one of your shitiest posts ever!" That does no good, first it hurts the writer for you to use that language toward them (and yes it is toward them, because their writing is part of them, despite what you may think) . And second it does not help them to fix their writing in the future. The same is true with other things, if you belive someone is acting inappropriate, sure say so, but you cannot just say, "that was really stupid." You may not need to explain it, but just give suggestions on how to correct it in the future. Yeah, so perhaps inspiration did come after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home