Xan Directive

I am the entertainer. And I know just where I stand, another serenader, and another long-haired band. Today I am your champion, I may have won your hearts. But I know the game, you'll forget my name. And I won't be here in another year, if I don't stay on the charts.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Homecoming Weekend

Thursday: I woke to the sound of my early alarm. Lion King tickets were being sold again. If anyone doesn’t know the Lion King is in Portland right now on the national tour. The week before I had gone early to get the cheep tickets for only $20. To my dismay the following week they quickly sold out, and I was pushed out the door with no ticket and no name on a waiting list. Well today would be different I woke up extra early and left so that I could insure my ticket. When I arrived at UP I met a ferocious crowd and just about everyone on campus had had the same idea as me, except I had to drive there instead of walk across campus. Once again I was kicked out, however I was placed 23rd on the waiting list. The day continued to Drama class where we performed the plays we had written. I wrote two although the assignment was only for one. The one that I submitted was about a daughter and her parents, she arrives late and is interrogated. Then she meets with her sister and they talk about really happened. It is discovered in the end that the daughter is a lesbian and the sister is joining a convent to become a nun, and their father is really against both of those. However the plot was not as important as the content. Each line of dialog is a question. There are no statements or exclamatories, only questions. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, if you would like to read it go ahead and tell me and ill e-mail it to you. I als wrote a play that is a section from Omega: Reborn the sequel to Omega which I will not hand out (sorry but it crashed and burned in class so you will have to wait for the books). I then proceeded to write my history paper that was due the next morning with no success, I ended up falling asleep with it incomplete and extremely rough.

Friday
I did not want to wake up. History paper was due in a few hours and I had only a really bad introduction written. Without the advantage of the dorm life, I was rudely awakened by my mother. I jumped out of bed and went to my laptop to work on my paper. I couldn’t hide it from my mom so I just told her that I was finishing my History Paper and that I would have to skip some of my English class. I left at 8:15 with a really bad paper printed on multi colored paper with blue ink (because we were out of paper and black ink). I drove up to the Morrison bridge like usual (where I was almost killed two weeks ago) and got onto the I5 freeway ramp. Now this usually takes about 30 seconds, today it took about 30 minutes. Rather then missing 20 minutes of my English class I missed all of it and barely made it on time for history. So that sucked. That night was the men’s big soccer game, I did not go. Rather I had signed up to go to OMSI to see “Magnificent Desolation: Walking on the Moon.” The Bus was as you would expect nerdy guys and girls talking about their telescopes. I saw the movie and was overwhelmed, RIGHT UP MY ALLEY. I WANT TO GO TO THE MOON SO BADLEY NOW!

Saturday
I woke up and left for work. Sufficed to say that it was a not a good day. They were very restless and sometimes angry. It must have been the weather, for it was raining on and off all day. It is getting quite wet here in town (that was not a sexual comment in any way). I got back in my car at 6 to leave and I had three messages from three different girls trying to convince me to go to the homecoming dance. I decided to go home have dinner with the family and our friend Reed. Good coconut rice! Then I went to the dance, and can you say “lame” ? It was the stupidest thing I’ve attended sense the anti-rape thing they had in August. There was no good music, all either rap or like “clubin’ like we’re making dirty love to each other as we sidestep to the music and make ourselves look like we are fu*king whores.” I was really board. It ended at 1 and I went back to campus and because Mailing hall is an all girls dorm, I had to be out at 2, so that was stupid. I ended getting back home at 2:30 a half hour after my parents wanted me to be but whatever, they are driving me insane, it is so much worse then living with them during High School. But that day was kind of pointless

Sunday
Today I woke up at 11:45 to the sound of Flik calling my cell, reminding me that we had auditions for the one-acts today at one. So I had a quick blueberry bagel and two Krispy Kreams (mmm… So good) and was out the door. I showed up late because every spot in the parking lot was full because of the girls soccer game. I ended up parking on the opposite side of campus and running to auditions. I was 10 minutes late, but it was cool because there were only two other guys there. So we had auditions and the director wanted me to adlib an illicit story. Well not knowing what illicit means, I let the other two go up first, then I still hadn’t figured it out so I made up this story about being downtown at the bus mall and beating up a homeless guy and his girlfriend. It was really screwy. I read a monolog and about three scenes. The play is a one-act called “Lone Star” which is the name of the beer that the characters are drinking, it also takes place in Texas so that has something to do with it too. So with only 3 parts, and only 3 people auditioning I was cast into the play, I don’t know my role yet but the two cast lists will go up tomorrow and I’ll be able to tell you. Then I drive home and here I am now typing this on word so I don’t make as many mistakes as usual. I am now going to type my English paper on short stories because I learned my lesson, Don’t wait until the morning that the paper is due to write it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home