Xan Directive

I am the entertainer. And I know just where I stand, another serenader, and another long-haired band. Today I am your champion, I may have won your hearts. But I know the game, you'll forget my name. And I won't be here in another year, if I don't stay on the charts.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

One Year Anniversary!

The Following are my thoughts, my dreams, and my ambitions. One Year ago from today I was removed from this blog. And one year from today I created what is now known as "The Omega Zero." However--if anyone forgets-- it was originally called, "The Insiders Looking Out." Just to spite Ben, and his evil dictatorship (HA! how far I’ve come). By this time I had already began on my novel, then just a story, and had developed a very rudimentary plotline, little did I know how this new spiteful blog was going to change my life in the following year. In honor of my original blog I have recreated it for sentimental purposes it is at http://likeapuma2.blogspot.com.

[if you want to skip to the sentimental part, now is the time to do so. it is the last paragraph]

Following four months of no success I became the evil that I had once fought and kicked off my three other members. Created a new profile (all of which was relating to my science fiction story) and began the Chronicles of the Oglamari. I renamed my blog "The Omega Directive" (and still refer to it as such, however because I basically took that name directly from a Star Trek Episode) I was forced to rename months later "The Omega Zero." I then created "The Omega Four" jumping ahead of myself and my story, and explaining the multiple species of the galaxy. To complete the story I have now just added Omegas 1-3 and 5 & 6.

I began my story on May 2nd 2004. It was an accident, during the time I was supposed to be doing my junior paper, I developed two timelines (which has now become over 8), and wrote 12 pages the first night in about three hours, something I considered very good, because I had never conceived of the story until then. It has been much harder sense, however. I never seem to find enough time to give my chapters justice, so I ended up using the blog. Instead of directly relating to my story (Omega's 1&2) I wrote the history of the aliens that eventually invade the planet, and it grew from there, entire new plotlines and new characters, all influenced by the stuff on the blog. I loved typing with no limitations, without meaning or reason. I would regularly sit in the library at Jesuit just thinking and developing plots and events, just poring my soul into my work. This was met with pain though, and criticism from people, people that didn't understand, Ben became my newest best friend, and he would continue to read my work (thanks Ben!). I have hidden all of my "written" story because of fear, fear of rejection. I was invited back onto the blog, and was able to restart my posting campaign. Then I got kicked back off. I have set 2010 as the latest possible publication date of my novel, Part one (omega's 1-4).

[beginning of the sentimental part]

Oh how life has changed for me in a year! I've gone from a senior back to a fresh person, lost friendships, gained new ones. Was in a play, wrote one, then directed one. Lead an Encounter, and a frosh day retreat (going on one this weekend). Created so many f-ing blogs that i cant remember all the URLs! Been hated, loved, liked, and jeered. Seen our government fail, seen the devastation of Tsunamis and Hurricanes. Worked for with my cousin's and learned everything there is to know about Autism. I've Laughed and I've cried. Got internet for the first time in five years (you are probably hating me for that last one right now). And I've strengthened friendships that I hope will withstand the test of time.

P.S. If you haven't noticed by now this is my way of saying I miss you guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home