Xan Directive

I am the entertainer. And I know just where I stand, another serenader, and another long-haired band. Today I am your champion, I may have won your hearts. But I know the game, you'll forget my name. And I won't be here in another year, if I don't stay on the charts.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Kangaroos, Australia, and nothing about the outback

Let me start by saying that Kangaroos don't play Yatzee.

Now that thats taken care of I can fill you all in on my story. My name is Xan and I am an alcoholic. No. I live in Portland, Oregon with my parents where I commute to the University of Portland. I saw a dead squirrel in the parking lot the other day and Kristina flipped out. I have been without internet for roughly, oh id say about...four years, and just got it back (I think i had left it on the roof of my car...have you ever done that, then the soda just spills all over the car making it sticky--and then you cant slide accross the hood when you want to impress a girl and then fall and hurt your little toe, acctually not your little little toe, but the one next to it).

I auditioned for a play already, i would have auditioned for two, but one was only a cast of girls and my doctor said the sex change won't come into full effect for another two weeks, so legally I couldn't be cast. The play is called The Fan and it is of Italian origin, which is a language that emerged from the Latin of the Roman empire on the large peninsula that looks like a foot kicking its little sister in the mediteranian sea. I asked not to be cast, however, because one-- they had already precast the part i wanted (the hunting dog [molly you will someday die from rat poison in your dog food!]) and two-- I felt I would be unable to fully devote my time to both a play and school work, and three--I would never have been cast in the first spot.

I had a freshman service day on sunday, and we worked at the Oregon Food Bank, it was requiered and the entire freshman class was requiered to go, that would be the definition of required if anyone didn't catch it. Anyhow I dug. We spent the entire day trying to figure out what the capitol of Australia was. We still havn't figgured it out. And no nobody can look on the internet, thats called cheating.

I created two new blogs both of which are really nerdy, but thats me. one of which is an addition to Omega Zero, it is called (creativly enough) Omega Four. Thats right folks theres no omega one, or two, or three, it just jumps right to four. It is all about the different alien species of my advanced story, some of which are named after people on this very blog. Ben for instance was the inspiration for The Vincrati-they are operation controllers, not physically strong but extremely intelligent and coordinate movement and communication between fleets in the APF (Allied Provinces of Freedom). The other blog is completely seperate, and perhaps illegal, and is all about a captain of a space ship in the mirror universe, based of of star trek.

My Theatre class took a tour of the theatre facilities. The Good: they have a full length light and sound booth. The Not So Good: we have what is called a "Procenium thrust' where the majority of the stage is in frount of the procenium. the theatre only seats 240 people and that is if they put in the removable chairs on the sides. There are three catwalks, or cat-crawls i should call them, you can barelly crawl on each one, with only one exit for all three which goes into the booth (I thought it was a fire hassard). the shop is really tall but not wide at all. lift is in the direct middle of the stage, so when we have an orchestra pit they cant be seen, because the're behind part of the stage and underneith it. The lift itself its quite unimpressive, it looks like one of those origomi boxes that fits inside another one. The lighting is only so advanced and the sound is not all the great, but it'll do (I love Babe, "That'll do pig. That'll do).

Kangaroos are nowhere to be seen here, I was really hoping that we'd see a flock or two of them go by but no such luck. I have seen a few bunnies, but havn't seen them sense. It is extremely rare to see--but it happens occasionally--that a die-hard fan will run stark naked accross the soccer field durring a game. Last time it happened i was the one being put into the back of the squad car, but luckly my friend caught the whole thing on tape, I would post the video, but the cops confiscated it along with my 327 bottles of beer in the back of my car. Stupid bacon. I'm in the process of reading the latest Harry Potter book, its good so far, i am interested how it sets up for the final one, although someone let it slip that harry survives. So there goes my best guess. I miss all of you, and so does Johnny. Send my appologies to Mr. Bush, and tell him i'll meet him in the lobby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home