Xan Directive

I am the entertainer. And I know just where I stand, another serenader, and another long-haired band. Today I am your champion, I may have won your hearts. But I know the game, you'll forget my name. And I won't be here in another year, if I don't stay on the charts.

Monday, September 12, 2005

I gotta have more cowbell!

So last Friday was our soccer game against Wisconsin, and boy should they have prayed. At the begining of the week signs start going up about free cowbells are going to be given out at the game. Well that sounded sweet, then the entire campus was doing their best Will Ferrill Imitation of the Cowbell skit. Just imagine Each class, all day, with people quoting, "I gotta have more cowbell." So then it is revealed that not only is firday cowbell night, but its also dairy night. And nobody really knows what that means, so we show up friday night reel early so we can get our cowbells, and they have real cows there by the main entrance to the field. Then they have barrells of free milk for anyone and everyone that wants some. Then they start handing out the cowbells, and the entire friggin stadium is echoing with cowbells! They handed out two thousand cowbells! And so there we were in the student section recieving the most horrible headache known to man. Not only did we clang the cowbells when we scored, but there was always the clanking of those bells 24-7. We scored one goal in the first half and lead it 1-0. Then we picked up speed and scored 2, 3, 4, and 5. Twentey three seconds left in the game and we have had 24 shots on goal and they have had 6. Its 5-0 with 23 seconds left when they score the first point against us all season. Didn't matter though we still crushed them. Somehow I ended up with two cowbells and so i put them in the back of my car, and now they tell me if I take a corner too hard.

Jesuit lost their game against Southridge on Friday. This is the first time sense Southridge has been a school that we have lost to them. It was really pathetic. The skyhalks returned the 95 yard kickoff to score the first touchdown. And then continued to destroy us leading the entire game. The final score was 28-20. We were already ranked like 7th and now its gonna go a little lower. (I keep saying we, like its still our school, i guess its just easier to narrarate)

I was at work yesterday and I took Joel outside to play on the trampoline when a giant plane flew directly over the house. It looked like a one of those commercial planes, it had the four turbines under the wings and it was increadbly low, ive never seen one that low away from the airport, it was shaking the house. I thought it was really wierd, and thought nothing of it. Then about a munite later the same plane (at the same height) came back over the house and this time it was banking hard. It did a full 180 still really low and traveled back the way it originally was heading. The only airport, that could land a plane that big, was in Hillsborro, and the plane was headed the wrong way. This was really wierd.
Then only thirty seconds later it did the same thing, but slightly to the west, but still over the house and still extremely low. It did this about six times. Now I don't know if you have heard but in the last few months there have been two instances where the pilots are killed from accdental depressurization and so the plane just circles around until it looses fuel then finally crashes. Well I started to get a little worried after the fourth pass, and so I went in and had my aunt call the local fire department. We figured that it was probably waiting to land, and so it was killing time, but to be that low, was surely against some protcols (noise levels and dangerous flying zones, because we allways get the little biplanes going over the house). The fire department called Hillsburro airport, and they confirmed that it was a "C5" plane that was waiting for landing clearance at either the Newburg or Hillsburo airport. As far as i knew Newburg couldnt land planes that big, but whatever. It was still really weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home