Xan Directive

I am the entertainer. And I know just where I stand, another serenader, and another long-haired band. Today I am your champion, I may have won your hearts. But I know the game, you'll forget my name. And I won't be here in another year, if I don't stay on the charts.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

"CHEERS!"

"CHEERS!"

The Horse and Mule live thirty years
And nothing know of wine or beers,
The Goat and Sheep they also die
And never taste of Scotch and Rye,
The Cow drinks water by the ton
And at eighteen years is mostly done,
Without the aid of Rum or Gin
The Dog at fifteen cashes in,
The Cat in milk and water soaks
And then in twelve short years it croaks,
The modest sober bone-dry Hen
Lays eggs for nogs then dies at ten,
All animals are strictly dry
They sinless live and swiftly die,
But Sinful Ginful, Rum-soaked men
Survive by three score years and ten,
And some of us a mighty few
Keep on drinking ‘til we’re ninety-two.

From a sign in a London Pub


(note: I copied this from a sign that our family has hanging in the kitchen of our beach cabin)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home