Xan Directive

I am the entertainer. And I know just where I stand, another serenader, and another long-haired band. Today I am your champion, I may have won your hearts. But I know the game, you'll forget my name. And I won't be here in another year, if I don't stay on the charts.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Back in my old habits...damn!

For all of those who loved my adventures with my 1980 volvo; you get the next chapter in humiliating events.

Monday-First day of school, I am nearly late to class, I run out of my car and barely make it on time. I have three back to back classes starting at 8:10am and run to 11:15am. I come out to put my books in my car and then go to lunch and my lights were left on, thus draining my battery (yes again)! I have a night Theology class that starts at 6:15pm and runs to 9:55 so I get out and my battery is--of cource--dead. I walk over to public saftey and get the battery recharger and haul it back to the other end of campus, nearly electricute myself and then go and reclaim my ID card (because they took it).

Tuesday- I get to school pleanty early and with a freshly recharged battery, make sure to turn off my lights and proceed into "The Cove." I am there for a very long time so I decide to get some food for lunch. I realize that "The Cove" does not have a dollar menu and so I decide to check out this other eating place that people go to; "The Commons." I get there and there is no line so I just walk in. This lady yells at me and says, "Stop!" She asks for my ID card and I give it to her thinking it is going to be a routine check. Then she sypes it and surprise, nothing happens, she then says to me, "Go in and eat and THIS will be waiting for you in the office." I'm like, "okay?" and then she pushes me in. So I find out there are no prices and everything is free (if you can call paying tuition and taking out loans free). Then I go in a claim my card still not knowing what is going on. And I just take it and walk away after the lady announces that, "If it's on the desk you are already 'taken care of'." GULP!

Wendsday- I get to school really early and have time to nibble on a half-sandwich. I then get out of the car, lock it, do my regular check; keys, wallet, backpack,phone. Check I shut the door. I reach in my pocket and realize what I thought was my keys was actually a crmpled up piece of paper. I was so concentrated on the wonderful Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich that I forgot to take the keys out of the ignition! (Here is where the "damn" part of the title is). I call my dad and he is able to get off work and come unlock it for me. Thank God I stayed in Portland! He was actually happy that I did it because it gave him a reason to miss work. Like father, like son.

P.S. Did I tell anyone I saw bunnies in the Quad?

P.P.S One of the Girl's dorms, had a rape and murder happen like 10 years ago, so now it is like a friggin prison in there. You can only go up using the elevators, not the stairs. But you can go down both ways, but if you prop a door open anywhere there is a heavy fine. Because that is how this guy got in and killed this girl. Horrible! But other then that UP is prit-T cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home