Xan Directive

I am the entertainer. And I know just where I stand, another serenader, and another long-haired band. Today I am your champion, I may have won your hearts. But I know the game, you'll forget my name. And I won't be here in another year, if I don't stay on the charts.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Snowboarding, Jeans, and a Soulmate...

Chapter 1: A Jeans Adventure

Upon the realization that I had only one pair of jeans without holes in them, I came to the conclusion that perhaps a visit to the mall would be a wise decision. For you see, Shawn had just begun working at the GAP, and therefore had an employee discount at not only the GAP but also at Old Navy and Banana Republic. Not wanting to eat bananas, I decided to visit Old Navy, for the GAP was far too expensive for me. Shawn being the wonderful person that he is declared that he would, in fact, place the charge of the jeans onto his GAP card, thus saving 20% and also repaying me in some for the massive amounts of loans I had freely given him in the past. Finding the correct size and style could not have been more complicated. Shawn forced me to try on multiple styles and sizes before Junelle, Regina, Shawn and I all agreed on a suitable pair. We then exited the store a mere 20 minutes after it had closed. After we exited the shop we walked over to the Pet Store which also had closed and we were witness to a Chinchilla Jumping party in which two tine Chinchillas jumped and hopped around their cage.

After the adventure at Lloyd Center we traveled over to the Lloyd Center Movie Theater and watched what was perhaps the Best Movie Of The Year: V for Vendetta. A great movie is not without complications however. right at the climax of the film (yes i said climax, oh grow up) the projector stopped and the lights came on and the theater music began playing. We were all very annoyed. The Manager came in and told us that the projector attempted in feeding too much film into the machine at a time and so the film reel had fallen off. The explanation didn't quite make sense but we accepted it after receiving our free movie passes that she handed out in apology. Following the film I dropped off the rest of the crew and headed home. The next morning my Dad informed me that he had received three pairs of jeans for me. The irony. I asked where he got these jeans from, and he said, "This Lady at work, bought them for her husband, but then he died, so she gave them to me." That’s right everybody, I have three pairs of jeans that belong to a dead guy.

Chapter 2: The Snowboarding Incident

A few months back my friend Aaron and I had discussed a possibility of going snowboarding up on Mt. Hood during the month of February. Unfortunately we were unable due to my ongoing commitment to the Drama Production of "Getting Out." I Instant Messaged him Monday and inquired "what ever happened to that snowboarding trip?" He then responded with an invitation to go up to the mountain that same Friday. I agreed. Friday came and I skipped my first two classes trying to find my gloves and ski-goggles. I never did find my goggles. Following Biology and lunch Aaron and I drove to GI Joes and rented a pair of skis for our friend Robert who was going with us and a snowboard for myself. We then picked up Robert and left for the Mountain in my 1980 Volvo DL 240. We stopped at Taco Del Mar for dinner and then proceeded to get lost on the mountain and drive by the correct exit. Upon arrival we got the equipment from the trunk and back seat (Aaron had brought his own board) and geared up. I placed the keys in my pocket, locked the car and left for the slopes. This was my first time snowboarding ever, and so Aaron attempted to teach me on the Bunny Hill (Kiddy hill). I quickly picked up the basic skills, Aaron claimed faster then anyone he had seen before. But I can't really take the credit, he was a fabulous instructor, with such informative words as "See, the reason you feel that time was because the snowboard caught on the snow."

After about four or five test runs down the Bunny hill I was ready for a larger challenge. We shuffled over to one of the larger lifts and rode up. I snowboarded down the square-ranked slope fairly well only falling about 5 times total (good for a first-timer). The second time up I got a little more confident and a little bit faster, this however cost me when I ended up with my snowboard over my head and then my face down in the snow unable to get up because my left leg and right arm were immobile. After about 5 minutes I was able to get up and keep going but my leg and arm still have not healed completely. I went down this slope about 7 times or so and then it was 9pm and time to head home. I walked to the car and noted that it had snowed and that the car was covered in snow. I brushed off the windows and then reached in my pocket to where my keys should have been. They were not there. I panicked. I ripped everything out of my jacket and tore it apart looking for my keys, and discovered a large hole in the pocket that they had been placed in. We were able to convince the mechanics at the shop there to break us in, and we waited two hours as my angry parents drove up the mountain to give me the spare keys to the Volvo. We got home about 2am in the morning.

Chapter 3: I have found my Soul mate

I have found my soul mate and she is the most adorable girl you could possibly imagine. She loves to kiss me, and play around. She is feisty and rough but then melts in my arms. She is afraid of large bags, but only because she is short and cannot see into them. And we fell in love the moment we saw each other. She is also a Husky puppy that I have named Sebaka 2. During one of my visits with Shawn to Lloyd Center Mall we went into the Pet Store Across from Old Navy. I were just browsing the cages when I saw the perfect little dog. A black and white Pure Husky with bright blue eyes, and the sweetest face you could possible imagine. She has the exact same markings as my dad's husky/Shepard mix, Centari had.

I asked if we could take her out and play with her and my wish was granted. Shawn and I spent nearly 20 minutes in the puppy pen with her. She jumped around and investigated behind the door, decided that my shoe-laces tasted great and attempted to eat them whole. She was also terrified of Shawn’s gigantic Old-Navy bag, and very interested in Shawn's camera phone for she tasted it as well (but it didn't taste as good as my shoe-laces). Unfortunately she costs $800, and that is $800 dollars that I don't have extra. Also with my sister and I gone at school most of the time and both my parents away at work, the poor puppy would grow up with only our fat cat to keep her company. So, for the time being at least, it is better for the puppy for us not to buy her, and for her to find a loving family that has lots of time and big wide fields to play on. Goodbye Sebaka 2 I love you.

p.s. Sebaka is the Russian name for puppy, and the name of a chow that my parents bought when I was two years old. But he was stolen strait out of our fenced yard one night, and we never saw him again. This is why this little Husky is named Sebaka 2. Also because Centari was Sebaka 1's mentor and Sebaka 2 looks just like Centari down to the little white spots above the eyes.

p.p.s. I have pictures of Sebaka 2 on my facebook profile under the photo album "An Album dedicated to Animals, but not entirely..." I will also try to post them on my yahoo pictures site.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1. Chinchillas rock.
    2. Burn the dead dude's jeans.
    3. I owe you more clothes.
    4. When is our next mall / movie night?
    5. Your snowboard did NOT get caught on the snow.
    6. You need a *real* soulmate.
    7. I want pancakes.
    8. Rachael has Play-Doh.
    9. I just want this list to finish at number...
    10. There I did it.

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *Tears*

    Your doggie is gone!

    *Fetal position*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home