Xan Directive

I am the entertainer. And I know just where I stand, another serenader, and another long-haired band. Today I am your champion, I may have won your hearts. But I know the game, you'll forget my name. And I won't be here in another year, if I don't stay on the charts.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Dear God,

"Dear God, surround me as I speak. The bridges that I walk across are weak. And frustrations fill the void that I can solely bear. Dear God, Don't let me fall apart. You've held me close to You and I have turned away in search for answers I can't understand. They say that I can move the mountains. They say that they'll crash into the sea. They say that I can walk on water. If I will follow and believe, with faith like a child. "

Dear God, Guide me where I need to go. I place my faith in you. And I feel like i'm being led astray. Each day, when I feel miles away, your face comes shinning through. And I don't know if I really see You or just another stray beam of light. They say that I can heal the wicked. They say that I am the next king. They say that love is my weapon. If I will become and believe in the person that I am.

Dear God, never, has so much been asked. Of me or anyone. But I can't turn my back. Cause each time I do, I feel like I am lost. And I can't see the path, despite the lights guiding the way. Every morning, when I wake up, I see your breath, but I cannot reach it, I cannot feel it, I cannot touch it. They say that I am their savior. They say that I can save them all. They say that must die. They say that every day is a new day, and that I am their new king. They say that I must lead them, if I will just find the strength in me...in you...in us...

Who am I? Am I who they say?




[As told by Jesus]

1 Comments:

  • At 1:16 AM, Blogger X said…

    For clarifications sake, let me first say that I am not refuring to myself in the first person as I type this. No, in fact the first stanza is part of a song called "Faith Like A Child." I'm sure that someone will most likely be angry with me and accuse me of blasphimy or someting ridiculous like that but it was not my intent nor should it be viewed as such. The purpose of the post is to convey that Jesus was human like all of us and what I belive his thoughts must have been like as he discovered his identity. I highly doubt that this was divinely inspired or anything, it just kind of came to me on the car ride home from school tonight as I voiced the lyrics to the mentioned song. If you cannot respect the content then at least respect the creativity, and if you cannot respect the creativity then respect the religion, and if you cannot respect the religion, respect another's religion, and if you cannot respect anothers religion, then respect puppies.

    Thank you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home